to the Finnish Lake District "Summer Opening in Savonlinna"
12. - 16.6.2019
We invite travelers to discover the unique Finnish Lake District by visiting its capital, Savonlinna, located on the islands of the Saimaa lake system. The outskirts of the city of Savonlinna are a favorite summer destination for the Finns, but the historically tourist Savonlinna was first discovered by wealthy Russian travelers in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Due to the high popularity among Russian, German and Swedish aristocratic families of summer holidays on the waters, 100 years ago the number of tourists in Savonlinna for the first time exceeded the number of the local population.
For a long time, the pearl of Saimaa, the city of Savonlinna, remained a resting place for only the elite, members of the aristocratic families of the Russian and Austro-Hungarian Empires, as well as the Kingdom of Sweden, later wealthy Finnish families.
Now you have the opportunity to enjoy the unique beauties of the Lake District and get acquainted with the unique history of Savonlinna and the Olavinlinna fortress, for the possession of which many kings and emperors fought for many centuries.
From 12 to 16 June - excursions every day (visit unique mesmerizing park sculptures, overview excursion around Savonlinna, a trip to Linnansaari National Park and a seal safari, acquaintance with Olavinlinna fortress, a trip to the spa center in medieval style).
Well and of course accompaniment of a Russian-speaking guide! All this is for the guests of the city!
Hurry up to book Summer package of accommodation in hotels of the city 5 days / 4 nights + transfer Vainikkala-Savonlinna-Vainikkala + active programs from 137 € per person per day. More prices ...
For a surcharge, you can order:
• Train tickets from 43 € one way
• Individual transfer to the hotel (400 € / car / one way)
• Lunches at restaurants in Savonlinna (13 € / person / day)
• Dinners at the hotel for groups of 20 people - 25 € / person / day
Wed 12.6.2019 ..... Arrival in Finland (Vainikkala station), meeting with the guide
Visit to Veijo Pönkkenen Sculpture Park, Parikkala
- a unique park consisting of 450 mesmerizing concrete sculptures.
Thu 13.6.2019 ..... Sightseeing tour of Savonlinna
- walking 1.5 hour excursion includes topics: the origin of the shipping company on the Saimaa, history the city from the beginning of its foundation on the example of the old Linnankatu street, the tradition of holding opera festival in the 15th century fortress of Olavinlinna.
Mon 14.6.2019 ...... Water safari to meet the seal
- duration 5 In the morning, a transfer from the hotel will take you to the location of the safari. The road to Linnansaari National Park will take 45 minutes and will pass through the most beautiful places the province of Savo. Equipped with life jackets and binoculars, the group will go to boat along a thousand islands, through the water labyrinths of Lake Saimaa. The period of spring and early summer, is the ideal time to observe the rare species of ringed seal caught in Saimaa 9,000 years ago from the Arctic seas. Hot coffee will be waiting for you on the island. Linnansaari National Park is one of the most beautiful places in Finland. the beauty and the diversity of the islands will not leave anyone indifferent. The adventure will end with a transfer to hotel.
Sat 15.6.2019 ....... Excursion to the reserve Punkaharju. Visit to the forest museum "LUSTO" and cultural and historical events dedicated to the "Days of the Forest", folk festivities
The duration of the trip is 5.5 hours. The tour starts with an exciting 30-minute train travel. Visit to the forest museum "LUSTO". A holiday dedicated to the days of forest culture, takes place in the open air on the territory of the museum. In the open-air exposition program, local manufacturers fair, lumberjack competition, forestry equipment exhibition, demonstration folk crafts. Optional visit to the historic hotel "Punkaharju" (in the summer of 2017, the hotel hosted a meeting between the presidents of Russia and Finland). Free time. Optionally (for an additional fee) visit to the art gallery.
Sun 16.6.2019 ........ Transfer by train "Lev Tolstoy" / "Allegro" (Vainikkala station)
Late check out - shopping in Lappeenranta (groceries)
* For an additional fee and Ticket price for the Lev Tolstoy / Allegro train the offer does not include
** The organizers reserve the right to change the schedule
BACK TO TOURS BY TRAIN
Круизы по Сайме
Нерпа на камне
Прогулки на катере